Currently Accepting Review Requests
Review Policy of 365 Books A Year
- Genres I will not accept: Erotica, Westerns, Romance. Although I do read Young Adult Romance.
- Except for the above, I read all genres. Preferred Genres: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Adult Literary Fiction, Urban Fantasy
- Preferred Young Adult types: Fantasy, Realistic Fiction, Science Fiction (Including Dystopian), and Paranormal. But I will read all types of YA books except Non-Fiction. I do not read Children's or Middle Grades books.
- Preferred Historical Fiction Time Periods: Medieval (especially set in Britain), Victorian Era, Ancient Rome, anything set in Asia, World War Two, books set in the U.K. in any time period
- I do read non-fiction. Preferred Non-Fiction Subjects: History, Microhistories, Biographies, Memoirs
- Preferred Formats: I actually prefer ebooks. I will accept either Epub format or PDF.
- Preference for reviews will be given to books under these circumstances: the author is willing to provide a physical (preferred) or ebook copy for giveaway, do an interview/guest post on my blog, and/or the book is a highly anticipated release. (My definition of an anticipated release is that the book is on the "Popular Books" list on Goodreads in the month of its release.)
- Review policy for DNF (did not finish) Books: If I have read enough to determine that I cannot finish a book because I have found significant problems, I may review on that basis. In a DNF review, I will say how far I got in the book, what I found, and why I stopped reading.
- You understand and accept that I often do not do "traditional" type reviews. For example: Battle of the Crossdressers and this review of Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Indie/Self-Published Books: Not currently accepting review requests.
- I reserve the right to not review a book. At this time, I have reviewed over 90% of ARC books received by the date of publication. (If received prior to publication date.)
- I post reviews on my blog, Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. I will consider requests to post on other sites if it is feasible.
- My stats as of 9/02/12: 482 Followers via GFC or Linky, 369 Followers via RSS/Email, 247 Followers on Twitter. My blog has been running for about 3 months.
- I also do guest posts here: E and K Family Book Reviews
Thanks to Candace at Candace's Book Blog because I was able to do my review policy in under an hour because she did a post on this topic. If you need a review policy or want to make sure you've included everything, check out Review Policies and What Should Be In Them